Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I want a child's brain again:)

So, I've been babysitting here and there lately...mostly for two girls 4 and 3. They are way cute. And have funny things to say to me. Here are a few of the recent ones:

"Don't take my dog home with you. I know you want to, but if you do, I'll be sad. Please don't take my dog home with you. You can get your own dog." -4 yr old in reference to me taking one of her dozens of animals off her bed so she had room to sleep.

"Wait, Julie, we forgot to eat dinner!" -4 yr old as I leave after pus tting her to bed. Either she wanted to pull a fast one on me so she could get up again or she really didn't remember that unlike all the other times when I was there for dinner, her mom had fed her dinner before I got there. Really, kids are more creatures of habit than us.

"I'm going to call you Mr. Julia" -3 yr old to me. She really likes to call me anything but my real name. Sometimes she calls me Miss Julia at least. That's comforting.

"We can read Merry Christmas, Curius George. It doesn't have to be Christmas...-4 yr old before story.
"Oh, I wish it were Christmas, but it has to be Halloween before Christmas." -after story

There's probably a lot more. I need to keep better track:). Kids are funny beings.

No comments: