Thursday, September 4, 2008

Blessed

Romans 5:5 And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us.

2Cor 4:16-18
Therefore, do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

-It is easy to want to just let go of trouble or heartache, but it won't do any good to give up, when in weakness the strength of the power of Christ is even stronger, and the committment to following Him no matter what more intensely needed.

-Tonight I pray that I will not let myself feel worn down, and thank God for the many blessings in my life, despite anything I feel hit with momentarily. I pray that those who don't know the strength you can bring in difficult times or the unmerited love you shower all of us with during any times, will learn of the need for you in their lives.
Please, Lord, help me to focus on only the hope you bring.

No comments: